Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. James
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1663
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1772
Parishes adjacent to Weddington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WEDDINGTON, a parish in Nuneaton district, Warwick; 1 mile N of Nuneaton r. station. Post town, Nuneaton. Acres, 911. Real property, £2,155. Pop., 74. Houses, 10. W. Castle is the seat of E. Lees, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £278. Patron, Mrs. Hall. The church was built in 1733.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Registers of Weddington, 1663-1812 - Archive.org
The Registers of Weddington, 1663-1812 - UK Genealogy Archives
Civil Registration District: Nuneaton
Probate Court: Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory), Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Arden
Poor Law Union: Nuneaton