Great Wyrley is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1845 from Cannock Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1845
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WYRLEY (Great), a township in Cannock parish, and a chapelry including also Cheslyn-Hay extra-parochial tract, Stafford. The township lies on the Walsall, Cannock, and Rugeley railway, 6½ miles N by W of Walsall; has a station, of the name of Wyrley, on the railway; and includes Wyrley-Bank, which has a post-office under Walsall. Real property, £8,462; of which £1,348 are in mines, and £700 in iron-works. Pop., 890. Houses, 166. The chapelry was constituted in 1846. Pop., 2,067. Houses, 402. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £160. Patron, the Vicar of Cannock. The church was built in 1845. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Penkridge
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of Hansacre and Armitage
Rural Deanery: Rugeley
Poor Law Union: Penkridge
Hundred: East Cuttlestone