Ludford is an Ecclesiastical Parish partly in Herefordshire and partly in Shropshire; Created in 1771 from a chapelry in Bromfield Ancient Parish.
Places in the parish include: Street and Sheet.
Parish registers begin: 1643
Parishes adjacent to Ludford
- Stanton Lacy
- Richard's Castle
- Ashford Carbonell
THE PARLIAMENTARY GAZETTEER OF ENGLAND AND WALES 1848
Ludford, a parish partly in the hund. of Wolphy. union of Ludlow, Hereford, and partly in that of Munslow, Salop; ½ mile south of Ludlow, on the river Teme. Living, a perpetual curacy in the archd. of Salop and dio. of Hereford; rated at £11, returned at £105; gross income £105. Patron, in 1835, E. L. Charlton, Esq. Here is an hospital for six poor persons, with a revenue of £63, founded in 1672 by Sir J. Charlton. Acres 2,920. Houses 61. A. P. £1,846. Pop., in 1801, 253; in 1831, 284. Poor rates, in 1838, £238 1s.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1848.
SHROPSHIRE GAZETTEER 1824
Ludford. A parish partly in the hundred of Munslow, and partly in the county of Hereford. The Shropshire part contains 39 houses, 195 inhabitants. The entire parish contains 280 inhabitants. ¾ mile south-east of Ludlow.
Ludford House. ¾ mile south-east of Ludlow, in the hundred of Munslow, the seat of N. L. Charlton, Esq.
Source: The Shropshire Gazetteer, with an Appendix, including a Survey of the County and Valuable Miscellaneous Information, with Plates. Printed and Published by T. Gregory, Wem, 1824.
IMPERIAL GAZETTEER OF ENGLAND AND WALES CIRCA 1870
Sheet, a township in Ludford parish, Salop; 1 mile E of Ludlow. Pop., 29.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Ludford, Shropshire, Poll Book 1865
- County: Shropshire
- Civil Registration District: Ludlow
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Ludlow
- Poor Law Union: Ludlow
- Hundred: Munslow
- Province: Canterbury