Lamport is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire. Faxton is a chapelry of Lamport.
Other places in the parish include: Hanging Houghton.
Alternative names: Lamport with Faxton
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1587
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1708
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LAMPORT, a village and a parish in Brixworth district, Northamptonshire. The village stands near the Northampton and Market-Harborough railway, 9 miles N of Northampton; and has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Northampton. The parish contains also the hamlet of Hanging-Houghton. Acres, 1,440. Real property, £4,704. Pop., 291. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. The manor and much of the land belong to Sir Charles Isham, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £1,000. Patron, Sir C. Isham, Bart. The church is ancient but good, and has a tower. There are a free school with £56 a-year, other charities with £72, and alms-houses.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Northamptonshire
- Civil Registration District: Brixworth
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
- Diocese: Peterborough
- Rural Deanery: Rothwell
- Poor Law Union: Brixworth
- Hundred: Orlingbury
- Province: Canterbury