Yedingham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Yorkshire.
Alternative names: Yeddingham
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1717
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1626
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- East Heslerton
- Ebberston with Allerston
- West Heslerton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
YEDDINGHAM, a parish in the district of Malton and E. R. Yorkshire; 1½ mile NNW of Heslerton r. station, and 8½ NE of New Malton. Post town, Malton. Acres, 1,150. Real property, £1,175. Pop., 108. Houses, 20. The property is subdivided. A Benedictine priory was founded here, before 1168, by Roger de Clere. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £205. Patron, Earl Fitzwilliam. The church is tolerable.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch Catalog - Free
- County: Yorkshire
- Civil Registration District: Malton
- Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
- Diocese: York
- Rural Deanery: Buckrose
- Poor Law Union: Malton
- Hundred: Buckrose
- Province: York