West Acklam, N. R. Yorkshire New Yorkshire Gazetteer 1828
Acklam, N. R. (2) a parish and township in the wapentake of Langbarugh, 5 miles N. E. from Yarm; inhabitants, 105; a chapelry to the adjoining parish of Stainton. Acklam Hall is the seat of Thomas Hustler, Esq. The parish contains the townships of Linthorpe and Middlesborough. Entire population, 541.
West Acklam The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wale 1840
Acklam (West), a parish in the liberty of Langbaurgh, north riding of Yorkshire; 5½ miles north-east from Yarm. Living, a perpetual curacy in the archd. of Cleveland and dio. of York, of the certified value of £17 3s. 4d.; rated at £5, and returned to parliament at £120; gross income, £46. Patron, the archbishop of York. The extended line of the Stockton and Darlington railway passes through this parish. Pop., in 1801, 98; in 1831, 102. Houses 21. Acres 1,160. A. P. £1,469. Poor rates, in 1837, £53.
- The New Yorkshire Gazetteer or Topographical Dictionary; Stephen Reynolds Clarke; London 1828.
- The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.