Wadworth is an Ancient Parish in the county of Yorkshire.
Riding: West Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1574
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1603
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WADWORTH, a parish, with a village, in Doncaster district, W. R. Yorkshire; 4 miles S of Doncaster r. station. It has a post-office under Doncaster. Acres, 2,930. Real property, £3,829. Pop., 656. Houses, 156. The property is chiefly divided among five. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £140. Patron, W. Walker, Esq. The church is later English. There are two Methodist chapels and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Doncaster
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of Wadworth, Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of South Cave
Rural Deanery: Doncaster
Poor Law Union: Doncaster
Hundred: Strafforth and Tickhill