Waddington is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Yorkshire, created in 1739 from chapelry in Mitton Ancient Parish.
Riding: West Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1599
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WADDINGTON, a township-chapelry, with a village, in Mitton parish, W. R. Yorkshire; 1½ mile NW of Clitheroe r. station. It has a post-office under Clitheroe, Lancashire. Acres, 1,800. Real property, £2,666. Pop., 513. Houses, 135. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £122. Patron, T. G. Parker, Esq. The church is later English. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and alms houses with £652 a year for 30 widows.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Clitheroe
Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
Diocese: Post-1835 - Ripon, Pre-1836 - York
Rural Deanery: Craven
Poor Law Union: Clitheroe
Hundred: Staincliff and Ewcross