Ottringham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Yorkshire.
Riding: East Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1566
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1600
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Sunk Island
- Paull with Thorngumbald
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
OTTRINGHAM, a village and a parish in Patrington district, E. R. Yorkshire. The village stands on Ottringham drain, near the Hull and Holderness railway, 3¼ miles WNW of Patrington; and has a station with telegraph on the railway, and a post-office under Hull. The parish comprises 4,320 acres. Real property, £7,824. Pop., 644. Houses, 136. The property is much sub-divided. The manor belongs to F. and W. Watts, Esqs. Ottringham drain rises a short way N of the village, and runs 5½ miles south-south-westward to the Humber. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £83. Patron, F. Watts, Esq. The church is decorated English; comprises a clerestoried nave, open timber roofs, a chantry, a S porch, and a tower with octagonal spire, 102 feet high; and was repaired in 1843. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school with £5 a year from endowment, and church-lands £120.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Patrington
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Provost of the Collegiate Church of St. John, Beverley
Rural Deanery: South Holderness
Poor Law Union: Patrington