Osbaldwick is an Ancient Parish in the county of Yorkshire. Murton is a chapelry of Osbaldwick.
Riding: North Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1581
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1632
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- York St Olave with St Giles
- Heslington St Lawrence
- York St Nicholas
- York Holy Trinity, King's Court
- Heslington St Paul
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
OSBALDWICK, a township and a parish in the district of York and N. R. Yorkshire. The township lies 2½ miles E of York r. station. Acres, 680. Real property, £3,496. Pop., 188. Houses, 38. The parish contains also the township of Murton, and comprises 1,740 acres. Post-town, York. Real property, £5,329. Pop., 342. Houses, 72. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to W. Richardson, Esq. There is a private lunatic asylum. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Murton, in the diocese of York. Value, £250. Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church is very old.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: York
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of Strensall, Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of Osbaldwick
Rural Deanery: Bulmer
Poor Law Union: York