Oakworth is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Yorkshire, created in 1844 from Keighley Ancient Parish.
Riding: West Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1844
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Colne Christ Church
- Ingrow with Hainworth
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
OAKWORTH, a village and a chapelry in Keighley parish, W. R. Yorkshire. The village stands adjacent to the Keighley and Worth Valley railway, 3 miles SSW of Keighley; and has a post-office under Keighley, and a r. station. The chapelry was constituted in 1844. Rated property, £3,040. Pop., 1,979. Houses, 446. The property is much subdivided Industry is carried on in cotton and worsted mills. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £150. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is modern. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Keighley
Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
Diocese: Post-1835 - Ripon, Pre-1836 - York
Rural Deanery: Craven
Poor Law Union: Keighley
Hundred: Staincliff and Ewcross