Ingrow with Hainworth is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Yorkshire, created in 1844 from Keighley Ancient Parish and Bingley Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Ingrow, Keighley St John the Evangelist
Other places in the parish include: Hainworth.
Riding: West Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1843
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
INGROW, a village in Keighley parish and a chapelry partly also in Bingley parish, W. R. Yorkshire. The village lies on the river Worth and the Keighley and Haworth railway, 1¼ mile SSW of Keighley. The chapelry bears the name of Ingrow-with-Hainworth, and was constituted in 1844. Post town, Keighley. Rated property, £8,057. Pop., 4,072. Houses, 877. Pop. of the Bingley portion, 2,423. Houses, 513. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £300. Patron, the Bishop of Ripon. The church is modern.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Keighley
Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
Diocese: Post-1835 - Ripon, Pre-1836 - York
Rural Deanery: Craven
Poor Law Union: Keighley
Hundred: Staincliff and Ewcross