Ingleton Fell is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Yorkshire, created in 1737 from Bentham Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Chapel le Dale, Ingleton Fells
Riding: West Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1754
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1766
- Horton in Ribblesdale
- Thornton in Lonsdale
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHAPEL-LE-DALE, or Ingleton-Fells, a chapelry in Bentham parish, W. R. Yorkshire; 5 miles NNE of Bentham r. station, and 10½ NW of Settle. Post Town, Bentham, under Lancaster. Pop, 190. The surface is mountainous. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £122. Patron, the Rector of Bentham.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Settle
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Commissary of the Archdeaconry of Richmond Western Deaneries - Lonsdale
Diocese: Post-1835 - Ripon, Pre-1836 - York
Rural Deanery: Clapham
Poor Law Union: Settle
Hundred: Staincliff and Ewcross