Ingleby Greenhow is an Ancient Parish in the county of Yorkshire.
Other places in the parish include: Greenhow and Battersby.
Riding: North Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1539
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1631
- Kirby in Cleveland
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
INGLEBY-GREENHOW, a township and a parish in Stokesley district, N. R. Yorkshire. The township lies on the North Yorkshire and Cleveland railway, at Ingleby r. station, and on a head stream of the river Leven, under the Cleveland Hills, 4½ miles ESE of Stokesley; and has a post office under Northallerton. Real property, £1,416. Pop., 207. Houses, 34. The parish contains also the townships of Greenhow and Battersby. Acres, 7,066. Real property, £3,827; of which £100 are in mines. Pop., 481. Houses, 77. Ingleby Manor is a chief residence. Nearly one-third of the land is moor. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £110. Patron, Lord De Lisle and Dudley. The church was rebuilt in 1741. Charities, £13.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Stokesley
Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
Rural Deanery: Cleveland
Poor Law Union: Stokesley