Illingworth is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Yorkshire, created in 1718 from Halifax St John the Baptist Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Halifax St Mary
Riding: West Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1695
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1813
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ILLINGWORTH, a village and a chapelry in Halifax parish, W. R. Yorkshire. The village stands 2 miles NW of Halifax r. station, and has a post office under Halifax, and a worsted mill. The chapelry includes the village, and is part of Ovenden township. Rated property, £17,863. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £140. Patron, the Vicar of Halifax. The church is very good; and there are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Halifax
Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
Diocese: Post-1835 - Ripon, Pre-1836 - York
Rural Deanery: Pontefract
Poor Law Union: Halifax