Farsley is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Yorkshire, created in 1844 from Calverley Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Calverley St John the Evangelist
Riding: West Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1844
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FARSLEY, a hamlet and a chapelry in Calverley parish, W. R. Yorkshire. The hamlet lies near the river Aire, the Leeds and Bradford railway, and the Leeds and Lancashire railway, 4 miles NE of Bradford; and has a post office under Leeds. The chapelry was constituted in 1844. Pop., 3, 117. Houses, 699. Building stone and coal are worked; and the woollen manufacture is carried on. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of Ripon. Value, £156. Patron, the Vicar of Calverley. The church is recent. There are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels, a mechanics' institute, and a school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Bradford
Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
Diocese: Post-1835 - Ripon, Pre-1836 - York
Rural Deanery: Pontefract
Poor Law Union: North Bierley