Farnham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Yorkshire.
Other places in the parish include: Scotton near Knaresborough, Ferrinsby, Firnsby, Fernsby, Ferensby, Scotton, and Ferrensby.
Riding: West Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1570
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1665
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Bilton with Harrogate
- Walkingham Hill with Occaney
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FARNHAM, a township and a parish in Knaresborough district, W. R. Yorkshire. The township lies on an affluent of the river Ure, near the Boroughbridge railway, 2 miles N of Knaresborough. Acres, 1,350. Real property, £1,899; of which £50 are in quarries. Pop., 165. Houses, 34. The parish includes also the townships of Scotton and Ferensby, and part of Arkendale. Post town, Knaresborough. Real property, with the rest of Arkendale, £8,205. Pop., 609. Houses, 148. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to the Maudes. Copper ore occurs. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £130. Patrons, the Rev. T. Collins and Mr. Shann. The church belonged to the priory of Bello Valle; is partly Norman; and was recently restored. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Knaresborough
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Honour of Knaresborough
Diocese: Post-1835 - Ripon, Pre-1836 - York
Rural Deanery: Boroughbridge
Poor Law Union: Great Ouseburn Gilbert Union