Farlington is a chapelry of Sheriff Hutton Ancient Parish in Yorkshire.
Alternative names: Fallington
Riding: North Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1614
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1632
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Sheriff Hutton
- Marton cum Moxby
- Sutton on the Forest
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FARLINGTON, a chapelry in Sheriff-Hutton parish, N. R. Yorkshire; 4¾ miles NW by W of Flaxton r. station, and 5½ ESE of Easingwold. Post town, Stillington, under York. Acres, 1,163. Real property, £1,811. Pop, , 174. Houses, 36 ‘T he living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Marton, in the diocese of York. Value, £300. Patron, the Archbishop of York. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed school with £6, and other charities with £120.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Easingwold
Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
Rural Deanery: Bulmer
Poor Law Union: Easingwold