Eastwood is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Yorkshire, created in 1844 from Keighley Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Keighley St Mary
Riding: West Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1855
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Presbyterian.
- Ingrow with Hainworth
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EASTWOOD, a chapelry in Keighley parish, W. R. Yorkshire; on the river Aire and the Lancashire and Yorkshire railway, in the Northeastern vicinity of Keighley. It was constituted in 1854. Post town, Keighley. Pop., 3, 442. Houses, 720. Eastwood House is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £150. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Keighley
Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
Diocese: Post-1835 - Ripon, Pre-1836 - York
Rural Deanery: Craven
Poor Law Union: Keighley
Hundred: Staincliff and Ewcross