Dishforth is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Yorkshire, created in 1747 from chapelry in Topcliffe with Dalton Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Topcliffe Christ Church
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1864
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1872
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Hutton Conyers
- Marton le Moor
- Topcliffe with Dalton
- Norton le Clay
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DISHFORTH, a township-chapelry and a sub-district in Ripon district and N. R. Yorkshire. The chapelry is in Topcliffe parish; lies near Leeming-Lane, 2¾ miles SSE of Baldersby-Gate r. station, and 4 NNW of Borough-bridge; and has a post office under Thirsk. Acres, 1,714. Real property, £3,636. Pop., 401. Houses, 84. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Value, £80. Patron, the Vicar of Topclifle. There are chapels for Baptists and Wesleyans.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch Catalog - Free
England, Yorkshire, Dishforth, parish registers, 1864-1990 Author: Church of England. Chapelry of Dishforth (near Boroughbridge, Yorkshire); North Yorkshire County Record Office (Northallerton, Yorkshire)
- County: Yorkshire
- Civil Registration District: Ripon
- Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
- Diocese: York
- Rural Deanery: Bulmer
- Poor Law Union: Great Ouseburn Gilbert Union
- Hundred: Hallikeld
- Province: York