Dalby is an Ancient Parish in the county of Yorkshire.
Alternative names: Dalby cum Skewsby, Dalby with Skewsby
Other places in the parish include: Skewsby.
Riding: North Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1656
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1632
- Sheriff Hutton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DALBY-WITH-SKEWSBY, a parish in Easingwold district, N. R. Yorkshire; on an affluent of the river Derwent, 3¾ miles S by E of Hovingham r. station, and 7½ E by N of Easingwold. Post town, Terrington, under York. Acres, 1,298. Real property, £1,665. Pop.,149. Houses. 30. The property is divided among a few. Dalby Bush is a meet for the Simington hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York. Value, £245. Patron, the Rev. J. S. Hall. The church is very good. Charities, £5.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Easingwold
Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
Rural Deanery: Bulmer
Poor Law Union: Easingwold