Dacre is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Yorkshire, created in 1839 from Ripon Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Ripon Holy Trinity, Dacre with Hayshaw and the Heights
Other places in the parish include: The Heights, Hayshaw, and Braithwaite.
Riding: West Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1838
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1840
Nonconformists include: Society of Friends/Quaker and Wesleyan Methodist.
- High and Low Bishopside
- Hartwith cum Winsley
- Pateley Bridge
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DACRE, a township-chapelry and a sub-district, in Pateley-Bridge district, W. R. Yorkshire. The chapelry is in Ripon parish; lies on the river Nidd and the Nidd Valley railway, 4 miles SE by S of Pateley-Bridge; has a station of the name of Dacre-Banks, on the railway; and contains the hamlets of Hayshaw and the Heights. Post town, Birstwith, under Ripley. Acres, 5,290. Real property, £4,026. Pop., 739. Houses, 138. Many of the inhabitants are employed in lead mines and in the linen manufacture. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £95. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Ripon. The church was built in 1837. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £12. The sub-district bears the name of Dacre-Banks; and includes a township of Kirkby-Malzeard parish and an extra-parochial tract. Acres, 11,660. Pop., 3 071. Houses, 582.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Pateley Bridge
Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
Diocese: Post-1835 - Ripon, Pre-1836 - York
Rural Deanery: Ripon
Poor Law Union: Pateley Bridge