Carnaby is an Ancient Parish in the county of Yorkshire.
Riding: East Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1596
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1600
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Burton Agnes
- Bridlington Quay
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CARNABY, a parish in Bridlington district, E. R. Yorkshire; on the Hull and Scarborough railway, 2¼ miles SW of Bridlington. It has a station on the railway; and its Post Town is Bridlington under Hull. Acres, 2,000. Real property, £2,616. Pop., 152. Houses, 25. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Fraisthorpe, in the diocese of York. Value, £82. Patron, Sir G. Strickland, Bart. The church shows some early English features; has a good later English tower; and contains a circular Norman font.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Bridlington
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of St Leonard’s Hospital, York
Rural Deanery: Dickering
Poor Law Union: Bridlington