Caldwell is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Yorkshire, created in 1840 from Stanwick Ancient Parish.
Riding: North Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: None
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
- Kirkby Ravensworth
- Forcett with Carkin
- Hutton Magna
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CALDWELL, a township in St. John-Stanwick parish, N. R. Yorkshire; on an affluent of the river Tees, 8 miles N of Richmond. Acres, 2,000. Real property, £2,102. Pop., 162. Houses, 34.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Richmond (Yorkshire)
Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
Diocese: Post-1835 - Ripon, Pre-1836 - York
Rural Deanery: Richmond
Poor Law Union: Richmond
Hundred: West Gilling