Buttershaw is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Yorkshire, created in 1842 from Bradford St Peter Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Westwood, Cold Harbour, Slack End, and Slack Side.
Alternative names: Bradford St Paul
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1838
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Independent
- Horton All Saints
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BUTTERSHAW, a chapelry in Bradford parish, W. R. Yorkshire, near Bradford; constituted in 1842. Post Town, Bradford. Rated property, £4,334. Pop., 2,247. Houses, 505. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £200. Patron,Hardy, Esq. The church was built in 1838; and a handsome Independent chapel was built in 1868.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Yorkshire
- Civil Registration District: Bradford
- Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
- Diocese: Post-1835 - Ripon, Pre-1836 - York
- Rural Deanery: Pontefract
- Poor Law Union: Bradford
- Hundred: Morley
- Province: York