Buslingthorpe is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Yorkshire, created in 1849 from Woodhouse Ecclesiastical Parish and Little London Ecclesiastical Parish and Leeds St Peter Ancient Parish; located on Buslingthorpe Lane; Exact boundary unknown.
Alternative names: Leeds St Michael, Woodhouse Carr
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1851
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
- Little London
- Leeds St John the Evangelist
- Leeds St Mary
- Sheepscar St Luke
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BUSLINGTHORPE, a chapelry in Leeds parish, W. R. Yorkshire; constituted in 1849. Pop., 4,548. Houses, 998. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £300. Patrons, Five Trustees.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Yorkshire
- Civil Registration District: Leeds
- Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
- Diocese: Post-1835 - Ripon, Pre-1836 - York
- Rural Deanery: Pontefract
- Poor Law Union: Leeds Guardians
- Hundred: Leeds Borough
- Province: York