Bugthorpe is an Ancient Parish in the county of Yorkshire.
Alternative names: Buckthorpe
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1661
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1631
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Full Sutton
- Kirby Underdale
- East Acklam
- Bishop Wilton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BUGTHORPE, or Buckthorpe, a parish in Pocklington district, E. R. Yorkshire; on an affluent of the river Derwent, 4½ miles ESE of Gate-Helmsley r. station, and 6 N by W of Pocklington. Post Town, Skirpenbeck, under York. Acres, 1,990. Real property, £2,381. Pop., 245. Houses, 53. The property is all in one estate. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £200. Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church was repaired in 1859.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch Catalog – Free
- County: Yorkshire
- Civil Registration District: Pocklington
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Prebend of Bugthorpe
- Diocese: York
- Rural Deanery: Harthill and Hull
- Poor Law Union: Pocklington
- Hundred: Buckrose
- Province: York