Bellerby is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Yorkshire, created in 1770 from Spennithorne Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Spennithorne St John the Evangelist
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1847
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1847
Nonconformists include: Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Constable Burton
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
BELLERBY, a chapelry, in the parish of Spennithorn, union of Leyburn, wapentake of Hang-West, N. riding of York, 13 miles (N. N. W.) from Bedale; containing 350 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Richmond to Leyburn, and comprises 2917a. 2r. 28p. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £70; patron and impropriator, Mr. Chaytor: the tithes were commuted for land in 1770. The chapel is a small edifice. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
FamilySearch Catalog - Free
- County: Yorkshire
- Civil Registration District: Leyburn
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Commissary of the Archdeaconry of Richmond Eastern Deaneries - Catterick
- Diocese: Post-1835 - Ripon, Pre-1836 - York
- Rural Deanery: Catterick
- Poor Law Union: Leyburn
- Hundred: West Hang
- Province: York