Batley Carr is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Yorkshire, created in 1841 from Dewsbury All Saints Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Dewsbury Holy Trinity
Riding: West Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1841
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1842
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Dewsbury Moor St John
- Dewsbury All Saints
- Dewsbury West Town St Matthew
- Hanging Heaton
- Earls Heaton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BATLEY-CARR, a hamlet and a chapelry in Batley and Dewsbury parishes, W. R. Yorkshire. The hamlet stands ¾ of a mile S of Batley, and has a post office under Dewsbury. The chapelry was constituted in 1842. Rated property, £6,505. Pop., 3,859. Houses, 796. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £150. Patron, the Vicar of Dewsbury. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Dewsbury
Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
Diocese: Post-1835 - Ripon, Pre-1836 - York
Rural Deanery: Pontefract
Poor Law Union: Dewsbury