Barton le Street is an Ancient Parish in the county of Yorkshire.
Other places in the parish include: Butterwick near New Malton, Butterwick, and Coneysthorpe.
Riding: North Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1701
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1600
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Bulmer with Welburn and Castle Howard
- Appleton le Street
- Kirby Misperton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BARTON-LE-STREET, a township and a parish in Malton district, N. R. Yorkshire. The township lies on the Thirsk and Driffield railway, and on the line of a Roman road, under the Cleveland Moors, 6 miles WNW of Malton; and it has a station on the railway, and a post office under Malton. Acres, 1,644. Real property, £1,419. Pop., 184. Houses, 37. The parish includes also the townships of Butterwick and Coneysthorpe. Acres, 3,476. Real property, £3,395. Pop., 454. Houses, 93. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with the curacy of Butterwick, in the diocese of York. Value, £450. Patron, H.Meynell Ingram, Esq. The church has two elaborately sculptured Norman doorways, and is good. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Malton
Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
Rural Deanery: Riddal
Poor Law Union: Malton
Hundred: Bulmer; Ryedale