Barmston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Yorkshire.
Riding: East Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1571
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Burton Agnes
- Beeford with Lissett and Dunnington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BARMSTON, a parish in Bridlington district, E. R. Yorkshire; on the coast, 4 miles SE of Burton-Agnes r. station, and 6 S by W of Bridlington. Post Town, Lissettunder Hull. Acres, 2,336; of which 156 are water. Real property, £3,857. Pop., 206. Houses, 36. The manor belongs to Sir H. Boynton, Bart.; and the ancient mansion on it is now a farmhouse. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York. Value, £1,065. Patron, Sir H. Boynton, Bart. The church is perpendicular English, has a Norman porch-door, had once a chantry, and contains a circular font with cable moulding and a curious monument to Sir Martin de la Mare. Charities, £22.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Bridlington
Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
Rural Deanery: North Holderness
Poor Law Union: Bridlington