Bankfoot is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Yorkshire, created in 1850 from Bradford St Peter Ancient Parish and Buttershaw Ecclesiastical Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Rowley, Odsall Moor, and West Bowling.
Alternative names: Bradford St Matthew, Manchester Road
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1849
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
- Bowling St Bartholomew
- Horton All Saints
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BANKFOOT, a chapelry in Bradford parish, W. R. Yorkshire. It was constituted in 1850. Post Town, Bradford. Rated property, £1,213. Pop., 2,641. Houses, 600. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £120. Patron, Rt. Hon. G. Hardy.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Bradford
Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
Diocese: Post-1835 – Ripon, Pre-1836 – York
Rural Deanery: Pontefract
Poor Law Union: Bradford