Auburn is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Yorkshire, created in 1731 from Carnaby Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Anburn, Auburn with Fraisthorpe, Awburn, Carnaby St Nicholas
Riding: East Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: None see Fraisthorpe
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None see Fraisthorpe
- Bridlington Quay
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
AUBURN, or Awburn, a township-chapelry in Fraisthorpe parish, E. R. Yorkshire; on the coast, 2 miles SE of Carnaby r. station, and 3½ miles S by W of Bridlington. Post Town, Bridlington under Hull. Pop., 16. Houses, 2. Much of the land has been washed away by the sea. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Fraisthorpe, in the diocese of York.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Bridlington
Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
Rural Deanery: Dickering
Poor Law Union: Bridlington