Armitage Bridge is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Yorkshire, created in 1848 from Almondbury Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Almondbury St Paul
Riding: West Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1848
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1862
- Honley with Brockholes
- South Crosland
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ARMITAGE-BRIDGE, a chapelry in Almondbury parish, near Huddersfield, W. R. Yorkshire. It was constituted in 1848. Pop., 2,455. Houses, 561. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £196. Patrons, the Vicar of Almondbury and J. Brooke, Esq.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Huddersfield
Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
Diocese: Post-1835 - Ripon, Pre-1836 - York
Rural Deanery: Pontefract
Poor Law Union: Huddersfield