Arkendale is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Yorkshire, created in 1736 from chapelry in Knaresborough Ancient Parish and Farnham Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Knaresborough St Bartholomew
Riding: West Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1780
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1813
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Allerton Mauleverer
- Marton cum Grafton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ARKENDALE, a township-chapelry in the parishes of Knaresborough and Farnham, W. R. Yorkshire; 2¾ miles N of Goldsborough r. station, and 3½ NE of Knaresborough. It has a post office under Knaresborough. Acres, 1,620. Real property, £4,235. Pop., 242. Houses, 47. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £80. Patron, the Vicar of Knaresborough. The church is modern and good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Knaresborough
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Honour of Knaresborough
Diocese: Post-1835 – Ripon, Pre-1836 – York
Rural Deanery: Boroughbridge
Poor Law Union: Great Ouseburn Gilbert Union