Ardsley East is an Ancient Parish in the county of Yorkshire.
Alternative names: East Ardsley
Riding: West Riding
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1654
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1598
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ARDSLEY (East), a parish in Wakefield district, W. R. Yorkshire; on the Leeds and Wakefield railway, 1½ mile from Ardsley station, and 3½ NW of Wakefield. It has a post office under Wakefield. Acres, 1,630. Real property, £3,963. Pop., 1,069. Houses, 219. The property is not much divided. Coal abounds; and there is a large woollen factory. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £369. Patron, the Earl of Cardigan. The church is good; and there are a U. Free Methodist chapel and charities £14.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Yorkshire
- Civil Registration District: Wakefield
- Probate Court: Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York
- Diocese: Post-1835 – Ripon, Pre-1836 – York
- Rural Deanery: Pontefract
- Poor Law Union: Wakefield
- Hundred: Agbrigg
- Province: York