Ainderby Steeple is an Ancient Parish in the North Riding of the county of Yorkshire.
The parish includes also the townships of Warlaby, Morton-upon-Swale, and Thrintoft.
Parish church: St Helen
Parish registers begin: 1667
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Ainderby-Steeple, a township and a parish in Northallerton district, N. R. Yorkshire. The township lies on the river Swale, adjacent to Ainderby r. station, 3 miles W of Northallerton; and has a post office under Northallerton. Acres, 1,138. Real property, £2,755. Pop., 319. Houses, 75. The parish includes also the townships of Warlaby, Morton-upon-Swale, and Thrintoft. Acres, 4,505. Real property, £9,205. Pop., 848. Houses, 191. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £200. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good. Charities, £8.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Ainderby-Steeple, a parish in the wapentake of East Gilling, union of Northallerton, north riding of Yorkshire; 3 miles east of Northallerton, and about 2 west of the Great North of England railroad; comprising the townships of Ainderby-Steeple, Morton-upon-Swale, Thirntoft, and Warlaby. Living, a discharged vicarage, formerly in the archd. of Richmond and dio of Chester, now in the dio. of Ripon; rated at £13 6s. 8d., and in the parliamentary return at £142 6s. 8d.; gross income £200. Patron, the crown. Pop. of the township, in 1801, 78; in 1831, 302; of the parish, in 1821, 768 ; in 1831, 806. Houses 173. Acres 4,300. A. P. £8,665. Poor rates, in 1837, £98.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Ainderby (Steeple), 2 miles S.W. Northallerton. P. 760
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.