Wythall Worcestershire

Historical Descriptions

Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870

Wythall, or Withall, a chapelry in Kings-Norton and Alvechurch parishes, Worcester, and in Solihull parish, Warwick; 3½ miles SSE of Kings-Norton r. station. It was constituted in 1853; and its post-town is Birmingham. Pop., 1,093. Houses, 250. The manor belongs to J. Taylor, Esq. Weatheroak Hall is the seat of R. Mynors, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £140. Patron, the Vicar of Kings-Norton. The church was rebuilt in 1863. There are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels, and free schools.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Directories

Wythall Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855