Wychbold Worcestershire Family History Guide

Wychbold is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Worcestershire created from Dodderhill Parish in 1888.

Parish church: St Mary de Wyche

Parish registers begin: 1888 (before this date see Dodderhill.

Nonconformists include: Congregational (chapel dates from 1836)

Parishes adjacent to Wychbold

Historical Descriptions

Littlebury’s Directory and Gazetteer of Worcester & District 1879

Wychbold is a pleasant village 2 miles N.E. on the road to Bromsgrove. The river Salwarpe runs here and works two cornmills. The national schoolroom is licensed for divine worship. Service is held on Sundays at 3 p.m. There is also a Congregational chapel erected in 1836.

Source: Littlebury, Littlebury’s Directory and Gazetteer of Worcester & District, Third Edition. Printed by Ballantyne, Hanson & Co. 1879.

Parish Records

FamilySearch – Birth Marriage & Death records, Census and Military records – Free

Directories

See also the Directories for Dodderhill

 

Wychbold Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855

Amphlett Richard Paul, Esq., Barrister at Law and Magistrate, Wichbold Hall
Blick Mr. Benjamin, Brook House
Blick Mr. Thomas, Brook House
Curtler John, Esq., Elm Lodge
Dugard The Misses
James Mr. Francis
Allen Samuel, shopkeeper
Beck Thomas, shoemaker
Bennett George, blacksmith
Bennett William, beer retailer, Holly Bush
Dugard Henry, farmer; also of Kingsland Hill
Farmer Jas., wheelwright and carpenter
Green Henry, engineering surveyor
Grover John, shopkeeper
Harbach Henry, blacksmith
Hodgkins Joseph, shoe maker
Hunt William, farmer
Lilly William, miller, maltster, and farmer, Wichbold Court
Pumfrey Charles, solicitor, The Villa
Row Joseph, victualler, The Crown

Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855

Administration

  • County: Worcestershire
  • Civil Registration District: Droitwich
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Worcester
  • Rural Deanery: Droitwich
  • Poor Law Union: Droitwich
  • Hundred: Droitwich Borough; Halfshire
  • Province: Canterbury