Wickhamford

Wickhamford, Worcestershire

Historical Descriptions

The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851

Wickhamford, a parish in the upper division of the hund. of Blackenhurst, union of Evesham, county of Worcester; 2 miles south-east by east of Evesham. Living, a perpetual curacy in the archd, and dio. of Worcester; rated at £2 4s. 4½d., returned at £65; gross income £44. Patrons, the dean and canons of Christ-church, Oxford. The parish affords limestone in considerable quantities. Acres 1,170. Houses 27. A.P. £1,711. Pop., in 1801, 125; in 1831, 136. Poor rates, in 1838, £30 18s.

Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.

Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822

Wickamford [sic] – a parish in the hundred of Blakenhurst, upper division, 2 ½ miles E.S.E. from Evesham, and 95 from London; containing 23 inhabited houses. It is a curacy, united with Badsey. Population, 1801, 125 – 1811, 137 – 1821, 130.

Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.

Directories

Wickhamford Billings Directory 1855
Wickhamford Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820