Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. John the Baptist
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1613
Parishes adjacent to Wickhamford
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WICKHAMFORD, a parish in Evesham district, Worcester; 2½ miles SE of Evesham r. station. Post town, Evesham. Acres, 1,242. Real property, £1,304. Pop., 124. Houses, 27. The property belongs chiefly to Lord Sandys. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £41. Patron, Christchurch, Oxford. The church was recently restored.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Wickhamford, a parish in the upper division of the hund. of Blackenhurst, union of Evesham, county of Worcester; 2 miles south-east by east of Evesham. Living, a perpetual curacy in the archd, and dio. of Worcester; rated at £2 4s. 4½d., returned at £65; gross income £44. Patrons, the dean and canons of Christ-church, Oxford. The parish affords limestone in considerable quantities. Acres 1,170. Houses 27. A.P. £1,711. Pop., in 1801, 125; in 1831, 136. Poor rates, in 1838, £30 18s.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Wickamford [sic] – a parish in the hundred of Blakenhurst, upper division, 2 ½ miles E.S.E. from Evesham, and 95 from London; containing 23 inhabited houses. It is a curacy, united with Badsey. Population, 1801, 125 – 1811, 137 – 1821, 130.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Wickhamford Worcestershire Billings Directory 1855
Wickhamford is a small village and parish, about 2 ¼ miles E.S.E. from Evesham, and contained in 1851 a population of 129 inhabitants.
The Church, dedicated to St. John the Baptist, is a small, neat building, composed of stone, with square turreted tower. It is in the early English Gothic style of architecture, and has a very antiquated appearance. It was restored a few years back, the expense being defrayed by Lord Sandys, to the memory of whose family there are two elaborate altar tombs, of the date 1626. The living is a Perpetual Curacy, annexed to that of Badsey, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Christ Church, Oxford. Rev. Thos. H. Hunt, Perpetual Curate; Mr. William Barnard, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. alternately.
Cook Elizabeth, shopkeeper
Pethard Amelia, victualler, wheelwright, and blacksmith, Sandys Arms
Smith Samuel, miller, Wickhamford Mill
Smith William Henry, farmer, Pitcher Hill, and Badsey
Taylor Francis, farmer
Taylor Samuel, farmer, Manor Farm
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855
Wickhamford Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820
Wickhamford, 2 miles from Evesham, containing 25 houses, and 175 inhabitants.
Kent John, farmer
Robins William, farmer
Sawyer Albert, farmer
Taylor John, farmer
Taylor Thomas, farmer
Source: S Lewis Worcestershire General and Commercial Directory for 1820.
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Evesham
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Evesham
- Poor Law Union: Evesham
- Hundred: Blackenhurst
- Province: Canterbury