Welland, Worcestershire

Historical Descriptions

The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851

Welland, a parish in the lower division of the hund. of Oswaldslow, union of Upton-upon-Severn, Worcestershire; 3 miles west by south of Upton-upon-Severn. Living, a discharged vicarage in the peculiar jurisdiction of the bishop of Worcester; rated at £8 2s. 11d.; gross income £393. Tithes commuted in 1840. Patron, the Lord-chancellor. The Huntingdonians have a place of worship here; and there are a daily and 2 Sunday schools, one of the latter of which is conducted on National principles, and is supported by the vicar, while the other is gratuitously instructed by the Huntingdonians. Acres 2,100. Houses 109. A.P. £2,008. Pop., in 1801, 334; in 1831, 490. Poor rates, in 1838, £191.

Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.

Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822

Welland – a parish in the hundred of Oswaldslow, lower division, 3 miles W. from Upton-on-Severn, and 112 from London; containing 94 inhabited houses. It is a vicarage; Rev. Henry Boulter, incumbent; instituted 1797; patron the King. Population, 1801, 334 – 1811, 391 – 1821, 453.

Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.


Welland Billings Directory 1855
Welland Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820