The Quinton is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Worcestershire, created in 1841 from Halesowen Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Christ Church at the Quinton, Quinton, The Quinton
Other places in the parish include: Warley Salop, Ridgacre, Cakemore, and Warley Wigorn.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: None
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1840
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
QUINTON, a chapelry in Halesowen parish, Worcester; adjacent to Staffordshire, 3 miles SE by S of Oldbury r. station, and 4 WSW of Birmingham. It was constituted in 1841; comprises the townships of Cake-more, Ridgacre, Warley-Salop, and Warley-Wigorn; and has a post-office under Birmingham. Pop. in 1861, 2,495. Houses, 480. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £220. Patron, the Rector of Halesowen. The church was built in 1841; and is in the early English style, with bell turret. There are a national school and a free school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Stourbridge
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Kidderminster
- Poor Law Union: Stourbridge
- Hundred: Halfshire
- Province: Canterbury