Parish church: St. James
Parish registers begin: 1559
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Parishes adjacent to Staunton
- Redmarley D'Abitot
[su_gmap address="Staunton Worcestershire" zoom="11"]
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STAUNTON, a parish, with a village, in the district of Newent, and county of Worcester; 8 miles NNW of Gloucester r. station. It has a post-office under Gloucester. Acres, 1,447. Real property, £3,097. Pop., 507. Houses, 123. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £404. Patron, J. F. Sevier, Esq. The church is early English, and was recently repaired. There are a national school, and charities £60.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Staunton – a parish in the hundred of Pershore, lower division, 9 miles S.W. from Tewkesbury, and 113 from London; containing 55 inhabited houses; on the borders of Gloucestershire. It is a rectory; Rev. Thomas Hill, incumbent; instituted 1799; patron, Joseph Hill, Esq. Population, 1801, 300 – 1811, 299 – 1821, 308.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Staunton (with the Hamlet of Downing) Billings Directory 1855
Staunton Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Newent
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Powyke
- Poor Law Union: Newent
- Hundred: Pershore
- Province: Canterbury