Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
Parish registers: 1539
Bishop's Transcripts: 1612
Parishes adjacent to Shrawley
- Little Witley
[su_gmap address="Shrawley Worcestershire" zoom="11"]
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SHRAWLEY, a parish, with a village, in Martley district, Worcester; 4¾ miles S of Stourport r. station. It has a post-office under Stourport. Acres, 1,877. Real property, £3,882. Pop., 549. Houses, 120. The manor belongs to H. F. Vernon, Esq. Severn House and Wood House are chief residences. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £355. Patron, H. F. Vernon, Esq. The church was recently restored. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Shrawley, a parish in the lower division of the hund. of Doddingtree, union of Martley, county of Worcester; 4 miles south-south by west of Stourport: the Severn flows through the parish. Living, a rectory in the archd. and dio. of Worcester; rated at £9 17s. 1d.; gross income £400. Patron, in 1841, T. T. Vernon. Here are 2 daily schools. Charities, in 1830, about £50 per annum. Poor rates, in 1838, £208. In 1835 hops were cultivated in this parish to the extent of 45 acres. Acres 1,360. Houses 114. A. P. £2,372. Pop., in 1801, 504; in 1831, 497.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851
A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833
Shrawley, co. Worcester.
P. T. Worcester (111) 7½ m. NNW. Pop. 484.
A parish in the lower division of the hundred of Doddingtree, through which passes the river Severn; living, a rectory in the archdeaconry and diocese of Worcester; valued in K.B. 9l. 17s. 1d.; church ded. to St. Mary; patron (1829) J. T. Vernon, Esq. Here are the vestiges of an ancient intrenchment.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. I; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Shrawley – a parish in the hundred of Doddingtree, lower division, 7 miles N.N.W. from Worcester, and 119 from London, on the bank of the river Severn; containing 83 inhabited houses. It is a rectory; Rev. Slade Nash, incumbent; instituted 1809; patron, T. S. Vernon, Esq. Population, 1801, 504 – 1811, 539 – 1821, 484.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Shrawley Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Martley
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Worcester
- Poor Law Union: Martley
- Hundred: Doddingtree
- Province: Canterbury