Rous Lench

Photo of St. Peter's church, Rous Lench by Henry Drury .

Rous Lench Worcestershire Family History

Rous Lench is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.

Alternative names: Radulphi

Other places in the parish include: Radford.

Parish church: St. Peter

Parish registers begin: 1538

Rous Lench Marriages 1539 to 1812

Worcestershire Parish Registers. Marriages. Edited by W. P. W. Phillimore, M.A., B.C.L., and W. F. Carter, B.A. Vol I. Issued to the Subscribers by Phillimore & Co., 124, Chancery Lane, London. 1900. Author: Phillimore, W. P. W. (William Phillimore Watts), 1853-1913, ed; Carter, W. F. (William Fowler), b. 1856 joint ed.

Marriages at Rous Lench 1539 to 1812


Rous Lench Marriages 1800 to 1812
Rous Lench Marriages 1775 to 1799
Rous Lench Marriages 1754 to 1774

Parishes adjacent to Rous Lench

  • Dormston
  • Abbots Morton
  • Fladbury
  • Inkberrow
  • Kington
  • Abberton
  • Church Lench

Historical Descriptions

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

Lench (Rouse), a village and a parish in Evesham district, Worcester. The village stands 2 miles W of the boundary with Warwickshire, 5½ SW by W of Alcester r. station, and 7 NNW of Evesham.—The parish contains also the hamlet of Radford, and is bounded on the N by Radford brook. Post town, Evesham. Acres, 1,380. Real property, £2,069. Pop., 306. Houses, 69. The manor belonged formerly to the Rouse family, and belongs now to Sir Charles R. Boughton, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £400. Patron, Sir W. E. R. Boughton, Bart. The church is ancient, has a lantern tower, and contains several fine monuments of the Rouses.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833

Lench, Rouse, or Radulphi, co. Worcester. P. T. Alcester (103) 5½ m. S W b W. Pop. 258. A parish in the middle division of the hundred of Oswaldslow; living, a rectory in the archdeaconry and diocese of Worcester; valued in K. B. 9l. 0s. 5d.; church ded. to St. Peter; patron (1829) Sir J. D. Broughton, Bart.

Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.

Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822

Rouslench – a parish in the hundred of Oswaldslow, middle division, 7 miles N. from Evesham, and 109 from London; containing 54 inhabited houses. It is a rectory; Rev. William Williams, incumbent; instituted 1817; patron, Sir C. W. R. Broughton, Bart. Population, 1801, 231 – 1811, 235 – 1821, 258.

Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.


Rouse Lench (with the Hamlet of Radford) Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855
Rouslench Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820


  • County: Worcestershire
  • Civil Registration District: Evesham
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Worcester
  • Rural Deanery: Pershore
  • Poor Law Union: Evesham
  • Hundred: Oswaldslow
  • Province: Canterbury