Redmarley D'Abitot is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.
Parish church: St. Bartholomew
Parish registers begin: 1539
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Roman Catholic, and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Redmarley D'Abitot
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Redmarley-D'Abitot, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Newent district; the village and the parish in Worcestershire, but most of the sub-district in Gloucestershire. The village stands 1 mile N of the river Leadon, at the boundary with Gloucestershire, and 5¾ S W by S of Ledbury r. station; and has a post-office, of the name of Redmarley, under Gloucester. The parish comprises 3,778 acres. Real property, £6,442. Pop. in 1851, 1,192; in 1861, 1,265. Houses, 268. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Earl Beauchamp. Hazeldine House and Down House are chief residences. Lowlands estate was purchased by F. O' Connor, for his land scheme. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £900. Patron, J. D. T. Niblett, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1856. There are a national school, and charities £14. The sub-district contains also seven other parishes. Acres, 22, 159. Pop., 5, 731. Houses, 1, 238.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Redmarley-D'Abitot, a parish in the lower division of Oswaldslow hund., union of Newent, county of Worcester; 9 miles south-west of Upton-upon-Severn. Living, a rectory in the archd. and dio. of Worcester; rated at £16 10s. 7½d.; gross income £900. Patroness, in 1835, Mrs. Niblett. Here are 2 daily schools. Acres 3,580. Houses 187. A.P. £4,982. Pop., in 1801, 689; in 1831, 1,028. Poor rates, in 1838, £380 6s.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Redmarley-D’Abitot – a parish in the hundred of Oswaldslow, lower division, 8 miles S.W. from Upton-on-Severn, and 115 from London; containing 161 inhabited houses. The living is a rectory; Rev. James Commeline, incumbent; instituted 1800; patron, George Monro, Esq. Population, 1801, 689 – 1811, 775 – 1821, 955.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Newent
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Powyke
- Poor Law Union: Newent
- Hundred: Oswaldslow
- Province: Canterbury