Pinvin is a chapelry of Pershore St Andrew with Pershore Holy Cross Parish in Worcestershire.
Parish church: St Nicholas
Parish registers begin: 1552
Pinvin, a chapelry in Pershore St. Andrew parish, Worcester; ½ a mile N by W of Pershore r. station. Post-town, Pershore. Acres, 1,116. Real property, £1,615. Pop., 269. Houses, 53. Seaford Grange is the seat of R. Varden, Esq. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Pershore, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is old.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Pinvin – a hamlet and chapelry to the parish of St. Andrew’s, Pershore, hundred of Pershore, upper division, 2 miles N. from Pershore, and 103 from London; containing 28 inhabited houses. Population, 1801, 136 – 1811, 159 – 1821, 199.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Pinvin is a small village and chapelry belonging to St. Andrew’s, Pershore, from which it is distant about 2 miles, and 7 from Worcester. It contained in 1851 a population of 216 inhabitants.
The Chapel is a small, plain building, containing only nave and chancel. Rev. R. Williamson, Vicar; Rev. M. Wickington, Curate; Mr. Thomas Houghton, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Allard John, shoe maker
Day Charles, farmer
Day Edward, farmer
Day John, farmer
Ewins Catherine, beer retailer and shopkeeper
Holmes Philip, farmer
Huband John, blacksmith
Jones Thomas, carpenter and Constable
Stanton Robert, farmer
Stinton Edward, farmer
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855
Baylis Henry, farmer
Baylis George, farmer
Day Henry, farmer
Day William, farmer
Ewins George, farmer
George John, farmer
Gibbs Benjamin, farmer
Longford Thos. farmer
Stinton Richard, farmer
White William, farmer
Source: S Lewis Worcestershire General and Commercial Directory for 1820.