Peopleton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.
Parish Church: St. Michael
Parish registers begin: 1632
Parishes adjacent to Peopleton
- Pershore St Andrew with Pershore Holy Cross
- Upton Snodsbury
- Naunton Beauchamp
- White Ladies Aston
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Peopleton, a village and a parish in Pershore Registration District, Worcester. The village stands 2 miles NW by N of Pershore r. station, and has a post-office under Pershore. The parish comprises 1,474 acres. Real property, £2,569. Pop., 326. Houses, 64. Seaford Grange is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £300. Patron, J. Cook, Esq. The church has a brick tower, and was recently repaired.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
PEOPLETON (St. Michael), a parish, in the union, and Upper division of the hundred, of Pershore, Pershore and E. divisions of the county of Worcester, 3½ miles (N.) from Pershore; containing 316 inhabitants. The parish is situated on the road from Worcester to Evesham, and consists of 1471a. 3r. 15p. of a productive soil; two-thirds of the land are arable, and the rest pasture. The living is a rectory, valued in the king’s books at £11. 10.; net income, £147; patron and incumbent, the Rev. George Dineley.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Peopleton – a parish in the hundred of Pershore, upper division, 3 miles N. from Pershore; containing 36 inhabited houses. It is a rectory; Rev. George Dineley, incumbent; instituted 1786; patron, —- Dineley, Esq. Population, 1801, 214 – 1811, 264 – 1821, 264.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Peopleton Billings Worcestershire Directory 1855
Peopleton is a small parish, about 6 miles E. from Worcester, and 3½ N.W. from Pershore, containing in 1851 a population of 266 inhabitants.
The Church is a small plain building, in the gothic style of architecture, containing only a nave and chancel, with a gallery. There is a small tower, with three bells. The living is a Rectory. Rev. George Dineley, B.D., Rector; Mr. John Sharvington, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., alternately.
Dineley Rev. George, B.D., Rector, Rectory
Goldingham Edwin, Esq., Norchard House
Ballinger Thomas, farmer
Boucher Thomas, wheelwright and carpenter
Ballinger William, farmer and shopkeeper
Cox John, shopkeeper
Ganderton John, shopkeeper
Horne David, farmer
Lewis John, farmer
Lilly Joseph, shoe maker
Manton Jane, victualler, Crown
Morris John, farmer, The Stone Bow Farm
Pearse William, farmer, Starve Hall
Rogers James, blacksmith and shopkeeper
Rogers Thomas, farmer
Stanton John, miller
Taylor James, farmer
Vardin Richard, farmer, The Grange
Willmore James, wheelwright and carpenter
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855
Peopleton Lewis Worcestershire Directory 1820
Peopleton, 3 miles from Pershore, containing 42 houses and 214 inhabitants.
Amphlett Joseph, farmer
Boucher T. wheelwright
Bakewell James, farmer
Dineley Rev. George
Dineley Josiah, farmer
Dineley Frederick, farmer
Dineley Francis, farmer
Dineley John, gent.
Dineley Samuel, dealer
Hartwright Geo. farmer
Heynes Sarah, farmer
Hogg John, farmer
Rogers Thomas, smith
Stanton John, miller
Torres Nicholas, gent.
Source: S Lewis Worcestershire General and Commercial Directory for 1820.
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Pershore
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Pershore
- Poor Law Union: Pershore
- Hundred: Pershore
- Province: Canterbury