Pedmore is an Ancient Parish in the county of Worcestershire.
Parish registers begin: 1539
Pedmore, a parish in Bromsgrove Registration District, Worcester; under Clent hills, 1 ½ mile SSE of Stourbridge r. station. Post-town, Stourbridge. Acres, 1,474. Real property, £4,008. Pop., 297. Houses, 64. The manor belongs to Old Swinford Hospital. P. Hall is the seat of J. Hunt, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £457. Patron, Old Swinford Hospital. The church is Norman, and partially ivy-clad; and has a tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Pedmore – a parish in the hundred of Halfshire, upper division, 1 ½ mile S.S.E. from Stourbridge, and 122 from London; containing 57 inhabited houses. The church is an ancient building, and over the inner door, in the porch, is a curious piece of Saxon sculpture, representing the Deity, surrounded by the symbols of the four evangelists, &c. Nearly the whole of the land in this parish belongs to the hospital at Old Swinford, founded by Mr. Foley. The living is a rectory; Rev. Thomas Philpott, incumbent; instituted 1791; patron, Lord Foley. Population, 1801, 306 – 1811, 284 – 1821, 307.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
Pedmore is a very small village and parish, about 1 ½ miles S.E. from Stourbridge, on the Bromsgrove road. It contained in 1851 a population of 318 inhabitants.
The Church, dedicated to St. Peter, is a small, ancient structure, in the Norman style of architecture, with tower and one bell. It has a very romantic appearance, being nearly covered with ivy. Rev. Thomas Philpott, M.A., Rector; Mr. Joseph Chapman, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Amphlett Mrs. Jane, Red House
Hunt William, Esq., Pedmore Hall
Philpott Rev. Thomas, Rector, Rectory
Beddoes Thomas, farmer, Foxbreak
Bell George, farmer, Wichbury
Buford Jacob, victualler, Foley Arms
Evers J., nail and chain maker, and farmer
Grazebrook George, solicitor and farmer, Race Course, and Stourbridge
Hipkins Thomas, maltster and brewer
Smith Samuel, farmer, Pedmore Farm
Yardley John, farmer, Leasehold
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855
Pedmore, 1 ½ mile from Stourbridge, containing 51 houses, and 306 inhabitants. Here is a good charity school.
Amphlett John, gent.
Biggs Thomas, esq.
Blow Wm., wheelwright
Clive Moses, vict.
Ensell Sylvester gent.
Hawkswood R. farmer
Philpot Rev. Mr.
Scott J. Edward, gent.
Smith Nathaniel, farmer
Smith William, farmer
Smith Mary, farmer
Source: S Lewis Worcestershire General and Commercial Directory for 1820.